- September - Attended the Smart and Sustainable Cities Expert Panel, hosted by US Green Building Council Florida, at the USF Patel College of Global Sustainability. Represented the Sustainability Committee at the St. Pete Chamber Public Policy meeting.
- August - Launched the Tampa Bay Corporate Responsibility Network. Keynote speaker at the WITTI (Women in Travel and Tourism International) to close the LaCita travel conference. Attended the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association's Marketing + Operations Summit in Ft. Lauderdale.
- July - Announced the Tampa Bay Corporate Responsibility Network (if you're interested in joining, request membership at our LinkedIn Group)
- June - Founding Partner Barbra Anderson honored as an Outstanding Woman in Travel and Transportation in Washington, D.C., by WITTI (Women in Travel and Tourism International). Presented on eLearning University about the Sustainable Traveler. Attended the Sustainable Business Awards, hosted by the Sustany Foundation.
- May - Received our Women's Business Enterprise National Council Certification from WBENC and our Woman-owned Business Certification from the Florida Office of Supplier Diversity.
- April - Attended the City of St. Petersburg Sustainability Summit. Founding Partner Barbra Anderson nominated as one of the Top Women in Travel Award, by Women in Travel and Tourism.
- March - Presented at the Illinois Governor's Conference on Tourism. On our journey to certify as a B Corporation, we're attended the "Assess Your Impact: Certified B Corporation Assessment Workshop."
- February - Keynote at Leon County Sustainable Communities Summit: Hospitality Industry Workshop. Founding Partner Janet Hall appointed the Chair of the Sustainability Committee for the St. Pete Chamber of Commerce.
- January - Invited to Eckerd College to serve as guest lecturers for the Green Business class.
- December - Invited as Sustainability Leaders to attend the Resilient City conference, hosted by the Urban Land Institute (ULI) of Tampa Bay to provide guidance to the City of St. Petersburg on economic development and social equity strategies for improving resiliency through adaptive planning and projects.
- November - Served as the Key Strategic Partner and speaker for the inaugural three-day Companies vs Climate Change conference in Ft. Lauderdale. Featured in the Global Entrepreneurship Network's Global Entrepreneurship Week event.
- October - Launched a Sustainable Traveler Pilot Project with the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce's Tourism Partners.
- September - Honored with a SASI-ONE Merit Award in the market research category for the 2016 Mandala Research study we co-sponsored, The Role of Sustainability in Travel & Tourism. (SASI-ONE Awards (SASI = Shop America Salutes Innovation) recognize prominent leaders in the tourism industry for their vision and commitment to developing shopping and cultural tourism.) Attended the Florida Governor's Conference on Tourism and presented The Sustainable Traveler to the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce's Tourism Partners.
- August - In Travel Weekly, Destination Better is quoted and infographic published in "Sustainable Sustainability" article. Co-hosts webinars on The Sustainable Traveler, reaching participant capacity in 48 hours.
- July - Attended the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association's Marketing + Operations Summit. Co-hosted webinars on The Sustainable Traveler, with Mandala Research Sustainable Travel International, reaching hundreds of participants on 5 continents.
- June - Nominated as a "Cool Company" by the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce.
- May - In Portland, met with Sustainability at Work and Sustainable Travel International. In Tampa attended the Tampa Bay Export Alliance International Town Hall.
- February - Asked to lead the Chamber Sustainability Working Group of the Sustainability Task Force of the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce.
- January - Joined the Sustainability Task Force of the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce
- Took Master's students from the University of South Florida's Patel College of Global Sustainability on a tour of Amalie Arena to learn about their operational sustainability initiatives, such as recycling, composting and an on-site garden
- Presented sustainability and communications recommendations to leadership of the Straz Center for the Performing Arts
- In Toronto, attended the WELL Building Standard workshop, conducted by Delos